When We Are Closed
During the hours of 18:30 – 08:00 on weekdays, all weekend and bank holidays, emergency cover is provided by the 1 1 1 Service. Please ring 1 1 1 and note that when you receive treatment from this service or at the walk-in centre, a clinical report will be sent to the surgery to update your medical record and ensure that any necessary follow-up action can be arranged.
Colchester Walk-in Centre
The walk-in centre is based at the North Colchester Healthcare Centre, Primary Care Centre, Turner Road, Colchester CO4 5JR. You can walk into the centre between 07:00 and 22:00 to see a GP or nurse. There is a car park available for patients. You may see the nurse for:
- Wounds (cuts, minor burns)
- Muscle and joint injuries (strains, sprains, back pain)
- Coughs, colds, flu symptoms
- Stomach-ache, indigestion, constipation
- Sore throats, earache
- Skin complaints (rashes, minor allergic reactions, scabies)
- Blood testing for over 12 year olds (Monday to Friday 07:00 – 13:00; bring form from GP)
- Sexual health and emergency contraception
NB – repeat prescriptions are NOT available – please contact the surgery.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.